Going to college is the key for someone to be successful in life. It is the first step towards landing a good job. But many students are not able to finish college because of financial problem. But thanks to the US Government, some have the privilege to go to college with their help through FAFSA application. How? A student can apply federal student aid. The financial aid consists of three types described below:
- Federal Work-Study. If you can be positive that you can balance your study while carrying out work, the US government can offer only a part-time position on your chosen field. This is to assist to your educational costs payment. What are the benefits you can get? The salary you would secure will not just handle your education costs in college but and also your obligations while studying. It won’t have an impact your financial assistance position which offers you with the opportunity to apply either student loan or grants. You can always apply for another free Fafsa application.
- Federal Loans. If you think that it’s possible to compensate a monthly debt settlement as well as interest, education loan is the best selection. The advantage of it is actually its less expensive in between other financial loans with very low and fixed interest that never goes up every year. What other benefits you can get? You can build a pleasant credit standing that can be helpful when registering for an alternative loan. Federal Perkins Loan and Subsidized Stafford Loan are paid off with the government.
- Federal College Grants. If you’ve been chosen among the many candidates, you may be lucky to have this type of scholarship with the government. It can be a help that can pay off your education costs without paying the money back. What are the benefits of this financial aid? The money you receive can be up to $2,445 per year. Some colleges might also offer awards to their students from government.
You are now familiar with the federal student aid. To apply for one, you must first complete your FAFSA and your student fafsa pin.
Many students wanted a brighter future for their family and self. Being able to graduate in college is the stepping stone of their dream. But there are circumstances that make this dream harder. Financial problem is mostly the problem of high school students. That is why financial aids are the options of student. The easiest way to get help from the problem is through applying student loan. You can visit Mygreatlakes.org to know more about student loan. There are many types of loans that you can apply which one must know. Before applying, you can choose a loan that will fit to the educational cost you will have. Go over the list of loans below and choose that fits you:
- Federal Parent Plus Loan. This loan is offered to parents with 8.5% as interest. If other loan is available, this is not recommended.
- Federal Perkins Loan. This loan is offered with %5 as interest. It has lower interest for students who have great financial aid.
- Private Loan. This loan is offered if the student does not get enough loans from the government.
- Federal loan. This loan has low interest and is recommended to students. Most of them are eligible to apply in this type. There are three kinds of Federal Loan.
- Stafford Loan. The loan is first applied through completing FAFSA form. Passed it to the school and they will be the one to determine how much the student needs.
- Subsidize Loan. The loan is according to the need of the student. The interest will grow after six months of graduating from college.
- Unsubsidized Loan. It is not according to the student needs and the interest will start to grow after the loan is granted to the student.
Above are the four choices of students on which loan they can apply and fit for their needs. Blog post like this is really helpful.
The benefits of education cannot really be enumerated because there are tons of reasons why we have to take risk on education. But in this busy world, enrolling on a traditional school will not be appropriate for some professionals. There are those people who already have their own career but wanted to learn another degree. Going to a traditional school can be very difficult to them because they cannot cope up with the pace schedules. So, the solution is to join an online university such as the Uop ecampus and take the course they want. Then, they discover more about online schools that are really beneficial on their side.
- Less expensive. Obtaining higher education can really be costly. The degree offered on online universities such as University of phoenix is the same as those you earned from the regular schools. But students are not force to pay the additional fees on tuition. Students can also have the time to take part time or full time jobs to sustain their education.
- Unique learning. In today’s modern world, you can say that learning through online prepares the students to have a better future in acquiring career when they use computers and engineering. The online schooling helps you a more independent learning that may be better for the student in future when they already have the job. It is for them to make an effort in executing the job alone and independent too.
- Very adaptive. There are many professionals who really wanted to go back to school again but are not able to due to their full time jobs or other family duties. But as soon as online universities make it possible. This is because you only have to set 30 minutes aside for your lessons online and you are not force to pass immediately assignments not unless you completed them already.
Getting a degree online can be good for your career than any other options available. If you want to be education again, this is the perfect solution.